Danny's Tech: Where West and East Intersect

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Life of a Programmer

Zed Shaw's "Rails is a Ghetto" puts together his rants toward Ruby on Rails and his frustration with other programmers -- which is similar to what I've experienced in my career: too many managers and programmers who have little or no clue of what they are working on.

Unfortunately, most companies do get by with such poor understanding of their own product(s). Sad but true: there are many project failures documented at places like the Risks digest while many others that should have failed but have been released as products. I won't name names like Zed but I've seen my share, too.

How can this be improved? Good question and I certainly don't have any good answers today. Sigh.

Copyright 2008, DannyHSDad, All Rights Reserved.

Labels: ,