Danny's Tech: Where West and East Intersect

Monday, August 07, 2006

AJAX open source tools reviewed

I guess AJAX is hot and now there are several open source projects up and running worthy of reviews: "Surveying open-source AJAX toolkits: Packages from Dojo, Zimbra, Yahoo, Microsoft, Google, and OpenRico/Prototype showcase the variety of libraries available to AJAX developers"

Sounds like a good start of AJAX tools but I still think programming is too complex for most of us.

I hate current programming system: I can't always figure out what is going on until I try to run and even then it's not clear if it is working correctly. And then I don't know how to fix the problem to get to do what I want to do. Why haven't we progressed in programming since the FORTRAN/BASIC/C days? Smalltalk seemed like a right step but it never went far.

So we get this complex mess called C++ and multi-flavor of Java (J2EE anyone?). And AJAX is even more complex: mishmash of various languages make it up so if something goes wrong you're really end up the creek (with lost paddle and leaking canoe).

Copyright 2006, DannyHSDad, All Rights Reserved.