Danny's Tech: Where West and East Intersect

Monday, March 26, 2007

C/C++ Teaching Tool

Few weeks ago, I thought about would make a good business and I was inspired by the idea of being more practical (rather than say, Game Development Universe). I thought why not a teaching to learn C (and C++)? This way, it can be packaged and sold to [high school or adult] students who want to master the C (and C++) programming language to help get a real job.

There are plenty of free compilers and web sites, as well as for fee tutorials, books, etc.

What would set my product apart would be to tie a compiler with a simulator so that one can see the effects of one's code on a real simulator. A bidirectional tie would be very cool: changing one's code would show a colored difference on the execution, or changing the binary on the simulator would flag the diff on the original C/C++ code.

Anyway, that was few weeks ago: Today, I was on a phone interview and I was asked about my work with C++ which I haven't done for almost a year and I did very poorly. I've forgotten all kinds of details, and was given the afternoon to regroup and retry but that didn't help (since I today's a workday and I only took 1 hour of lunch break to google). Afterwards, I thought: "man I wish I had this very C++ learning tool."

Also, last week, I had a phone interview where I was asked about few things I never had any real world experience (multi-thread programming). With a simulator + sample code, I would have been few steps ahead -- possibly :-).

I'll have to come up with a cool project name first :-)

Copyright 2007, DannyHSDad, All Rights Reserved.

Labels: , ,