Danny's Tech: Where West and East Intersect

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Blogging can hurt hiring chances

"Skills & Careers: Net reputations ruin job hopes. Blogging and social network bloopers can hurt your employability"

So, one needs to be careful what one posts online. Which is why I don't use my real name (and try not to make any real ties between my email and name with my set of blogs).

I used to have a big online presence many years ago, but then things like google made myself (my past) much more visible, so I went hiding for a few years. And then 2 years ago or so I restarted blogging with my new ID. Who knows? I may come out of hiding if I can't find any jobs (yes I'm looking for a new job again... sigh) and get my own business started....

Copyright 2007, DannyHSDad, All Rights Reserved.

Labels: , ,